Calling all Berkshire women in business – do you have what it takes to win a top new award.
The organisers of the inaugural Women in Business Awards 2013 are looking for women across the Thames Valley and Solent regions who have made a real difference in business over the past 12 months.
They want to hear from those who have:
• achieved excellence in their chosen profession
• become role models for other women
• gained a reputation for citizenship (corporate social responsibility) through acts of charity, environmental awareness, or socially-committed work in the community
• established themselves as entrepreneurs running their own business
The awards, which are open to all women working in companies in the south, are being organised by The Business Magazine, in association with Barclays, Blake Lapthorn and Deloitte.
David Murray, awards chairman, said: “This is about recognising women who have succeeded in the corporate, professional and/or entrepreneurial arenas. We want to spotlight the women who lead and who have proved to be excellent ambassadors for their gender, and an inspiration to others.”
There are three separate award categories:
· Women in Businesses under £10m turnover
· Women in Businesses over £10m turnover
· Women Professionals (for women working in one of the professions: eg, law, accountancy, banking, architecture, etc)
Full details and nomination forms are available on www.womeninbusiness.biz and the closing date for entries is July 31. The winners will be announced on September 12 at Oakley Hall, near Basingstoke at a special awards ceremony.