Searching for an idea for my mum’s birthday present and I have found the perfect gift… her very own French Vineyard! Life begins at 70… hick!
A few year’s ago friends of mine from Yorkshire, Mandy & Dave, sold their idealic cottage with stables near Harrogate for a French vineyard… well, there were 6 cars driving up & down their road every blinking day, it was becoming a high street and they needed some peace & quiet.
Dave’s very handy, he refurbished a bathroom in my flat in Windsor nearly 20 years ago and I assume it’s still operational so good plumbing… handy if you’re going to bottle your own vino!
They obviously had to go naked… it makes for a better crush don’t ya know 😉
The Naked Vignerons Philosophy…
… Life Tastes Better Naked!
Our mission is to produce great wine by working in harmony with our environment. We keep everything natural, never dressing our vines in anything other than the bare essentials.
Et voila, The Naked Vigneron.
Mum and her chum with Mandy & Dave enjoying lunch
at The Naked Vigneron
Mum and dad visited in the Spring and brought a few cases back home… I was looking for a nice picture of my mum so I could celebrate her birthday in my weekly newsletter…
I used the pic above for my newsletter
I went for a wander in the French countryside thanks to my dad’s happy snapping… and what do I find… the PERFECT birthday present for someone who likes a tipple from time to time…
Adopting a row of Naked Vigneron vines provides a great opportunity to discover the journey from Vine to Wine whilst sampling the delights on the way!
We invite you to visit the Chateau where you will collect your case of wine and take a tour of the winery and vineyards. It’s an open invitation so you get to choose when the most interesting time is for you to visit. Perhaps during Harvest time where you can lend a hand or in Summer to merely stroll through the vines and take advantage of the glorious sunshine.
The annual adoption fee of €129.00 includes –
– A case of our sumptuous 2010 premium red wine* (12 bottles)
– Personalised name plaque displayed on your row of vines
– Personalised gift certificate and photograph of your vines
– Open invitation to visit the Chateau and meet ‘The Naked Vigneron’
– Vineyard walk to your vines and Winery tour
– Advanced notification of events
– Invitation to harvest days
– Priority notification of vintage release dates
– 10% members discount on wine purchases
– A superb gift for any lover of wine.
* A mixed case can be substituted upon request
* Wine to be collected from the Chateau, alternatively payment for shipping can be made via the checkout
What you waiting for… Adopt A Row Of Naked Vines
And if you’re really, really good Dave will let you drive his tractor… obviously when he’s about the Vineyard… after appearing on a Channel 4 documentary about Brits abroad, he is often approached to be a celebrity double for Worzel Gummidge 😉
Jonathan L Davey
The Berkshire Blog
“Saying hello to strangers so you don’t have to!”