Thursday 21st November I’ve been asked to give a presentation on Social Media 101, which might be a little different to others in the house! I’m on at 12:30PM till 1:00PM… the event starts at 9:00AM, finishing around 4:00PM at STEAM – Museum of the Great Western Railway, Fire Fly Avenue, Kemble Drive, Swindon, SN2 2EY
I’ve put together a 1 pager that people can take away / make notes on… I need to print this tomorrow so your feedback today would be appreciated… add a comment below, all feedback most welcome, how else do we grow?
So headline SOCIAL MEDIA 101, Let’s get real & stop wasting time… followed by picture & then…
What sort of business do you want?
• Are you an E-Myth believer “…on not in the business!”
• Or do you just want to pay a few bills? Recent survey 90% voted for personal goals over business
Who is your target market?
• Are you dealing with local companies? Knock on their doors…
• Or are you chasing multinationals? Use LI to review profiles & find common ground… then knock
Where do your customers hang out?
• Are they celebing it up on twitter? Media folk use it… most others don’t really…
• Or are they quietly making things happen? Find out who & say hello…
Website story – 5,000,000 page views 2008
Email story – 80,000 buyers, bound to click
Twitter LinkedIn story – speakers needed for expo
Define perfect customer, research on LinkedIn, see if on twitter, engage where they hang out… goal is to have a conversation… might be better to get someone else to engage for you… you pay them or swap products?
With social media don’t expect direct contact, your sewing the seeds, your web stats will tell you if anyone looked. Not exactly who but enough for you to know if it’s working or not… if not perhaps you are using the wrong channel? Switch…
Relax and enjoy the process and others will respond… at the very least listen to what others are saying… that will give you fresh insight to help trigger real time conversations.
STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD
- Opening doors that might otherwise be closed… don’t be the same
- Adding value by blending solutions to trigger fresh thoughts… don’t be the same
- Children in Need just last week – don’t be the same
Jonathan L Davey
The Berkshire Blog
“Saying hello to strangers so you don’t have to!”