A single stage D & B Contractor is being sought by Wokingham Borough Council through a restricted OJEU procurement process to undertake detail design and construction of the new leisure centre and library at the Carnival Pool site. The Council has already secured planning consent and the demolition of the existing facilities will be undertaken during Spring/Summer 2020.
The proposed development will include:
– 1 000 m2 public library,
– 6 lane 25 m swimming pool to sports England standards,
– teaching pool with movable floor to sports England standards,
– fitness suite with a range of fitness equipment,
– group cycling studio,
– 2 group class studios for a varied range of fitness classes and accessible gym/classes,
– 4 court sports hall,
– viewing area from reception into the pool with cafe supplying food and drink,
– viewing areas into the sports hall and pool,
– accessible and inclusive facilities
– live well gym, wet, sports and gym change, WCs, 2 No.s of lifts, changing places and disabled parking,
– adventure play space (shell and core),
– Spa space (shell and core),
– external public realm landscaping.
The D & B Contractor will be required to develop the detailed design from RIBA Stage 3 in consultation withthe relevant stakeholders and construct the completed facilities, including relevant external works and accessimprovement works, by June 2022.
The Operator for the new premises has been appointed.