Bracknell Forest Borough Council wishes to establish a framework agreement for the provision of school meals catering. The framework agreement will be let for an initial period of three years with an option to extend for a further year. This will be a framework agreement with individual call-off contracts between the contractor and schools.
Initially the framework will cover 11 primary schools in Bracknell Forest with a combined roll number of around 3,800 pupils. Total meals sales in the school year 2017/18 were 332,000 and all sites have full production kitchens.
The framework agreement will be open for other Berkshire schools to join later should they wish to at any subsequent point of the framework’s duration.
Main features of the new framework:
• Meals will meet the School Food Regulations for school lunches and the Caroline Walker guidelines for portion sizes.
• Meals will be made using fresh ingredients and prepared on the day.
• Low sugar and low-fat levels alternatives used
• Free of artificial colours and additives wherever possible.
• Vegetarian options to be imaginative and offer variety.
• Fresh and seasonal produce to be used in menus.
• Local sourcing of foods if possible.
Applicants should be aware that all staff working in schools will require DBS (enhanced level) checks and the staff will be required to give their written permission for such checks to be performed.
The total estimated framework value ranges between £2,000,000 (2 million GBP) and £6,000,000 (6 million GBP) depending on framework and call-off contract lengths and take up by other Berkshire schools.
Organisations must register their interest on the South East Business Portal site (https://sebp.due-north.com/ ) in order to receive any changes or notifications issued by the Council during this tender process. The Council will not be held responsible for lack of communication to any organisation who does not register their interest. Clarification questions can also be sent through this site.
This will be a restricted two-stage process. Stage 1 is the Selection Questionnaire for tenderer selection and, if successful, at stage 1, organisations will be invited to tender at stage 2.