Jonathan L Davey
Mob: 07717 820823 | Email: email@example.com
Address: 8 Andermans, Windsor. SL4 5RN
An energetic, enthusiastic Sales and Marketing professional with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets, launching new products and services ensuring successful sales drives. I was an early adopter and promoter of email marketing in the UK (2001) working with a US partner Emaillabs. I pioneered a Content Management System CMS for Business in Berkshire community (2004) and was one of the first to experiment with social media for business. I have worked with a variety of businesses from large corporate organisations, charities to sole traders. My most recent project has been very rewarding and my goal has been accomplished.
Review my LinkedIn profile: www.jondavey.co.uk
Social Media Directors Limited July 2013 to Present
My own company, working with various businesses as a consultant including:
Winning Tenders Limited – Sales & Marketing Director – July 2017 – Present
Reviewing all sales & marketing channels and making recommendations for improvements.
Championing combined social media, email marketing, telemarketing, LinkedIn research, content creation approach to boost traffic flow to website and hone in on key target accounts, ensuring relevant parties have the information they need to make positive buying decisions for our business proposal & tender creation / review service.
The plan was to make the business attractive to an investor so that the current CEO could retire. I almost doubled the turnover in 2018-19 which led to interest and more recently the purchase, by an investor, of half of the business.
Reed Exhibitions Marketing Automation Manager – Contract – May 2014 to Oct 2016
Working with Reed Exhibitions on a consultancy basis while they lay the foundations of their Marketing Automation plan. I was engaged by the Project Leader as he recognised my ability to adapt to new technologies and appreciated my sales & marketing background would be advantageous while working with the in house Marketing Teams.
In the spring of 2016, as the project geared up I was brought in full time and I was employed in a variety of tasks while new team members got up to speed with the Eloqua, Oracle’s email marketing platform.
Business in Berkshire (LiaiseOnline Limited T/A) 1996 to June 2013
New Business Development Manager/Owner
Specialist sales consultation in various marketing and e-marketing methods
Working with small to medium businesses and community groups to optimise their business reach and networking opportunities, these services included:
- Direct sales face to face & board level
- Crowdfunding ideas and encouragement
- Exhibition organisation & management
- Business to business social media specialism
- Working with government agencies to help them achieve targets
- Offering thought leadership
- LinkedIn training
- Demonstrating logical use of Twitter for making business connections
- Running Twitter advertising campaigns location & topic based
- Email campaigns
- Website design services
- Search Engine Optimisation
Voted Social Media Week’s Social Media Personality of the Year in 2012
Johnson & Johnson
Sales Consultant – Vistakon division 1988 to 1996
- Responsible for launching Acuvue Disposable Contact lenses in North England
- Consistently achieving and over achieving targets
- Achieving ‘Top Sales’ awards for 2 consecutive years
- Created my own CRM module using Access v1 to manage my call cycle
Nestle Foodservice 1986 to 1988
- Constantly exceeding my targets ensured I was on the fast track
- Calling on wholesalers, Cash & Carry’s and end user hotels & restaurants
- Selling catering products across the Nestle range including Nescafe & Maggi
Newcastle Polytechnic 1983 to 1985
HND in Business Studies with Retail Specialism
Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead May 2019 to Present
Councillor for Clewer & Dedworth West
I stood as an Independent Candidate in the 2019 local elections as I felt a more inclusive and balanced representation was needed in our community. I fought hard both on and offline which resulted in me winning my seat by 56 votes. I feel I am already having an impact and hoping to see my less partisan, more community approach. I already see glimmers of hope for a joined up, ‘community first’ way forward.
It is fair to say I am honing many new skills in the process and very much enjoying the role.
You can find out more at https://ilovewindsor.co.uk
Windsor & Eton Rotary Club April 2008 to Present
Rotarian – currently Chairman of Youth Committee
- I attend weekly meetings and get involved in a variety of different projects, community fundraising and supporting many local charities.
- I have led the Youth Speaks project for over 6 years which encourages young people to present and communicate to an audience which I believe to be an invaluable life skill.
- Following the devastation in The Philippines caused by Yolanda I raised circa £1,000 and understood this would fund the building of 10 boats.
- After the avalanche on Everest I raised a further £500 which was match funded by my club and we sent £1,000 to the Juniper Foundation to help fund the education of young children.
Standing up for Dedworth Feb 2020 to Present
Taking the Youth Speaks model, that tends to attract the high achievers at local schools, I am expanding this, with the help of volunteers at All Saints Church to help others find their voice. Many people struggle to communicate and this makes them unhappy and frustrated with the world around them. Being able to present to a group of people on something you believe in, empowers the individual and feeds their passion, allowing them to grow stronger and achieve more, being the best they can be.